Search This Blog

Thursday, February 17, 2011

The Himalayas -- A PBS Documentary, Nature Series


Last night I watched a beautiful documentary on PBS titled The Himalayas; it's part of PBS's "Nature" Series.  The Himalayas is not a new documentary, however, I had never seen it, and it was magnificent!  You can see this documentary in its entirety at:

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/nature/episodes/the-himalayas/full-episode/6379/

This program sparked my interest in Himalayan wildlife.  I knew about the Himalayas' most famous animal resident, the elusive snow leopard--gorgeous and fascinating--but I also learned about other creatures who call the Himalayas home, and they are some of the most unique-looking animals I've ever seen.  Below, I've listed some of them.  I hope you'll check out the show and let me know what you think. 


Tibetan Fox (Vulpes ferrilata)


Snub-nosed Monkey

Equus Kiang

Himalayan Musk Deer



No comments: