Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Coffee Review

Caribou Coffee
Caribou Coffee offers coupons in our local newspaper--buy one get one free--so we've been trying different flavors.  Here's what I've tried so far, and what I think about it:

Caribou Blend is good, but not great.
Mahogany is awful!
Daybreak is good.

So, what can I add?  Not much, it seems.  The Caribou flavors that I've tried so far haven't made much of an impression.  If you've tried one that you really like, let me know!


Starbucks
I like Starbucks Coffee! 

Christmas Blend is a disappointment.  Don't even bother.  Have you ever tried Barnie's Santa's White Christmas?  I love it!  It's definitely a dessert coffee so you gotta like sweet coffee.  We bought the Starbucks Christmas Blend because they were running a special and we decided to give it a try.  Bah!  Boring!  Oh, I tried to include a link to the Starbucks Christmas Blend, but their page had so much "moving crap" on it I decided not to bother.  You'd only have hated me for it.

Sumatra is incredible!  But only if you like very bold coffee.

Another bold coffee is Kenya.  Love it.  Not as intense as Sumatra.

Verona is divine, and probably my favorite.  Is it considered a dessert coffee?  I don't know.  You decide.  I love it anytime.


Zabar's
French Italian Coffee is excellent.  I like to make it as an espresso, and to do so, I use a French Coffee Press, and not this particular model--it's very expensive; can get them for a lot less.  I only include this link so you can see what it looks like.  Zabar's has excellent customer service, and I notice that their website offers free shipping on orders of 4-plus pounds of coffee.

No comments: