Search This Blog

Monday, July 2, 2012

Fragrance--Haus of Gloi

Fall 2012 News from Haus of Gloi
Check out the posting on HoG's blog regarding new scents for Fall 2012.

Haus of Gloi Litchi Milk Tea Perfume Oil
Haus of Gloi's Litchi Milk Tea perfume oil is fabulous. I owe this little find to the incredible blog Chocolate Cherries Allamanda. After reading the review about Haus of Gloi's fragrances, and Litchi Milk Tea in particular, I decided to purchase it for my niece (Christmas gift). I also got her the pumpkin butter in the same scent. Well, Haus of Gloi's package arrived recently, and you know what I did? I opened up the perfume oil and put a tiny dab on my wrist. Wow! It's so beautiful, rich, delightful! Now, mind you, it's a little sweet (and I'm not a sweet freak), but in a very good way, softly so. It changed the whole "feeling" of my day--which is what I love about fragrance, how it can change my state of mind. I felt soooo happy! I recommend this scent. Oh, yeah, and the folks at Haus of Gloi shipped my purchase to me super fast, very nicely packed, and for a very reasonable shipping charge! Can't beat that, right? Get it for yourself. I think you'll be very happy that you did. And did I mention that it's so reasonably priced?

Update 11/30/2011: Got my own Litchi Milk Tea today!

Haus of Gloi Moon Dog Perfume Oil
For only $2.50, I purchased a sample of this little gem of a fragrance, and I already know that I want a full size! Moon Dog brought to mind Freddie de la Hay, the star in Alexander McCall Smith's Corduroy Mansions series. Obviously, the "dog" in the name of the fragrance pushed me in the direction of a canine; the fragrance itself brought up an instant image of a cozy living room with wood floors, fireplace, comfortable furniture, and a dog--possibly a "Pimlico" terrier--enjoying it all with me. Love this one!


Haus of Gloi Parkin Perfume Oil

Glad I only purchased a sample of this one because Parkin smells quite a bit like Solstice Scents's Pumpkin Spice Latte Perfume, only Pumpkin Spice Latte is much, much better smelling. Parkin is a very "foodie" scent--you can click on the link and read their description. They do a good job describing their scents, whereas all I can tell you is how the scent made me feel. I wear Pumpkin Spice Latte in fall and winter, and I love it. When I've got it on, I "see" red and golden leaves on trees tumbling on the ground as the wind pushes them. I see tall trees and paths in the woods, fallen acorns, and squirrels darting up tree trunks. I see a lit room through the windows of someone's house... cozy, yes, this scent is cozy.



Haus of Gloi: Peach Mama Perfume Oil
I purchased a sample of Peach Mama. This is, I think, a very feminine fragrance, and I believe it would probably be very popular. I, however, like much "darker" scents, so this one is not for me. It's very soft and, interestingly, I never smelled peach. I might like this pretty scent in summer. Maybe I'll give it a try.

Haus of Gloi: Plotter's Breakfast Perfume Oil
So, I don't really know what to say about Plotter's Breakfast Perfume Oil except that it's very, very strange... and I want it! OK, so here's how this very unusual scent came to rest on my skin. I'd made a purchase from Haus of Gloi and they sent me a free sample of Plotter's Breakfast Perfume Oil. Thank you! When I first placed a dab on my wrist, quite frankly, I hated it! But then, yeah, there's always a but, when it was dry, I became quite fond of it.
This is a dark, mysterious scent. I have no talent for describing the specific elements of a fragrance, so I'll let Haus of Gloi do that (see link, above), since they do it very well. I, however, can tell you how a scent, a fragrance, makes me "feel" and what it makes me "see." Here goes: I've dabbed on a drop of Plotter's Breakfast on my wrist. Hated it! Then, a few minutes later, it's dry, and... I see a street at dusk in London a long time ago. The gas lights have just come on, and a man in a long coat and top hat is walking down the street. He's got on dark gloves, is holding a walking stick, and wearing this very fragrance! His boots clop the pavement. He's young-ish, and he's wearing tinted round spectacles (even though it's already almost dark). He's scary, but the scent he's wearing draws people to him. And I'm one of them...

Haus of Gloi Snow Wolf Perfume Oil
Got a sample of Snow Wolf Perfume Oil. I could detect a slight pine-forest smell to this fragrance when I first applied it. Once it dried, it smelled a lot sweeter. I like it, and would definitely buy it. It's funny, but I wore it for several hours and enjoyed it, but wasn't crazy about it. Then, I put it on later in the week and............... loved it! Wha?


My Haus of Gloi Wish List:
Madcap Garden Perfume Oil is recommended by CC Allamanda blog.
I loved my sample of Moon Dog Perfume Oil & hope to buy a full size
I'd like to try Elevenses Perfume Oil
Picaroon Pumpkin Butter sounds interesting
Imp Bubbling Scrub

No comments: