Search This Blog

Monday, July 2, 2012

Fragrance--Hermes

Hermes Un Jardin Sur Le Nil Eau de Toilette
Un Jardin Sur le Nil is a beauty of a fragrance! When I wear this, I get stopped by people who compliment my fragrance and then ask me what it is. This is a great fragrance for summer. When I wear it, I think of the citrus groves in Lakeland in March. I'm driving past them on the Florida Turnpike, my windows are open, and I smell the blooms on the trees. Magic! I was very familiar with Hermes's scents because I've used Caleche for a number of years, however, I learned of the existence of Un Jardin Sur Le Nil while reading The Perfect Scent by Chandler Burr (LOVE this book!).

Hermes Un Jardin en Mediterranee Eau de Toilette
Un Jardin en Mediterranee is exquisite. This scent is "heavier" than Un Jardin Sur le Nil (see review for this scent), it is also, in my opinion, a bit darker. Once again, I learned of the existence of this divine little beauty by way of Chandler Burr's book, The Perfect Scent (see review of Un Jardin Sur le Nil). When I wear this, I think of Spain and the courtyard in the Museo del Prado, in the sunshine, a fountain gurgling, great art awaiting me inside!

No comments: