Search This Blog

Monday, July 2, 2012

Fragrance--Comme des Garcons

Comme des Garcons Series 3 Incense: Avignon Eau de Toilette
A birthday present from me to me, and what a gift! This fragrance is pure ecstasy. Here, read what Lucky Scent has to say about it, and also read this review about Avignon from the Now Smell This Fragrance Forum--they say it way better than I can. Avignon is a mood-changer for me... spray it on at the start of my day and anything magical is liable to happen! And... something named after a city as beautiful as Avignon, has to smell gorgeous!


Oh, I should tell you that Avignon is available at Barneys New York for $2.00 less than what it sells for at Lucky Scent, and Barneys will ship it free. Lucky Scent has fairly steep shipping charges (they use UPS), but whenever you buy a fragrance from them, they'll send you free samples--you can choose the ones you want--and Barneys probably won't. If you buy a fragrance from Barneys and they send you free samples, in addition to giving you free shipping, you damn well better let me know! I love Comme des Garcons's Series 3 Incense: Avignon, and I would purchase it over and over again!


Comme des Garcons Series 3 Incense: Kyoto Eau de Toilette
For my birthday, I treated myself to Comme des Garcon's Series 3 Incense Avignon (see review in this blog entry) which is divine! I purhased it from Lucky Scent (which I highly recommend for hard-to-find fragrances and excellent customer service). Lucky Scent sells fragrance samples and also gives away samples when you make a purchase. My purchase of Avignon entitled me to three free samples, but because the guy I spoke to when I placed my order was such a sweetheart, he sent me five samples! Kyoto was one of these samples.


Here's what Lucky Scent says about Kyoto. When I first applied Kyoto to my skin, I didn't like the scent at all--too flowery. Once it dried, it was a little better as it acquired a bit of "smokiness," which I like a lot. After Kyoto was on my skin for a while, it simply all but disappeared! So, no staying power. It doesn't matter, however, that it totally disappeared--like an ungrateful man on whom you've spent your precious time--because I wasn't crazy about it anyway. Comme des Garcons's Series 3 Incense: Kyoto is not for me.

No comments: