Search This Blog

Monday, July 2, 2012

Fragrance--Oscar de la Renta

Oscar de la Renta Live in Love

The March 2012 issue of The Wall Street Journal's beauty supplement magazine featured an interview with Oscar de la Renta. He's now 79 years old, looks great, and is still going strong. Mr. de la Renta is now closely collaborating with his daughter and son-in-law, and one of the things they've done is to retrieve their fragrances from L'Oreal and are now bringing them back under the de la Renta umbrella--it should always have been so. They've also released a new fragrance in 2012: Live in Love. Click the link to read the specifics on it. Every note appeals to me except for one: rose, which floats up in the Heart of the fragrance. I love the scent of roses, however, they don't love me, and often smell poorly on my skin. Also, many fragrances that contain rose don't really bring forth a true rose scent. I often smell something synthetic instead of the rose. If I end up purchasing this scent, I'd definitely get the smallest size: One ounce eau de parfum spray for $58.

If any of you have tried this new fragrance, please let me know what you think of it. I'd love to hear from you!

No comments: